NYU Health Sciences Libraries Faculty Bibliography
Claudia S Plottel School of Medicine. Medicine. Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine. Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, 1985-
- Plottel, Claudia S. 100 questions & answers about asthma. Sudbury MA : Jones & Bartlett, 2011. 316 p. ; 23 cm. 2nd ed.
- Plottel, Claudia S; Blaser, Martin J. "Microbiome and malignancy". Cell Host & Microbe. 2011 Oct 4;10(4):324-335 (MEDL:22018233 #139747)
- Current knowledge is insufficient to explain why only a proportion of individuals exposed to environmental carcinogens or carrying a genetic predisposition to cancer develop disease. Clearly, other factors must be important, and one such element that has recently received attention is the human microbiome, the residential microbes including Bacteria, Archaea, Eukaryotes, and viruses that colonize humans. Here, we review principles and paradigms of microbiome-related malignancy, as illustrated by three specific microbial-host interactions. We review the effects of the microbiota on local and adjacent neoplasia, present the estrobolome model of distant effects, and discuss the complex interactions with a latent virus leading to malignancy. These are separate facets of a complex biology interfacing all the microbial species we harbor from birth onward toward early reproductive success and eventual senescence
- Plottel, Claudia S; Feldman, B Robert. 100 preguntas y respuestas acerca del asma en los ninos = [100 questions & answers about your child's asthma]. Alcala de Guadaira, Sevilla MAD, 2008 . 225 p.; 23 cm..
- Plottel, Claudia S; Feldman, Bernard R. 100 questions & answers about your child's asthma. Sudbury MA : Jones & Bartlett, 2008. vi, 284 p. ; 23 cm.
- Plottel, Claudia S. Miat sual wa jawab hawla marad al-rabu = [100 questions & answers about asthma]. Bayrut : al-Dar al-'arabiyah lil-'ulum, 2006. 215 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.. al-Tab'ah 1.
- Plottel, Claudia S.. 100 questions and answers about asthma. Boston : Jones & Bartlett, 2005. viii, 227 p. ; 23cm.