What if I am Not the Author of this Publication?
Posted by Stephen Maher, Last modified by Ashley Curran on 2015-04-16 15:11:17

If you are not an author of this publication, you can first check journal author agreement before you submit your publication. If the author retains permission to submit to PubMed Central, you can then:

  1. Request a copy of the accepted final peer-reviewed manuscript from the author [NOTE: This is Not same as the published PDF] and any associated files (e.g., chart, figures).
  2. Go to the NIH Manuscript Submission System
  3. Login with your eRA Commons username and password
  4. Identify the publication title, journal it was published in, and the NIH funding associated with it.
  5. Upload a copy of the accepted final peer-reviewed manuscript and associated files.
  6. Select an author as the delegated person to approve the submission. NOTE: Only an author can approve the submission.

For more information about Public Access Compliance, see our FAQs.

To learn about the process, watch our tutorial.

For questions, requests or further information, email PublicAccessHelp@med.nyu.edu

(1 vote(s))
Not helpful

Comments (0)